Saturday, December 22, 2012

This Week's Collection

At work, we choose names.  I made this scarf for my coworker.  It is made out of ribbon yarn by Broadway.  Perfect - as her family is in NYC celebrating the holidays.  The ribbon yarn takes a bit of time to get used to.  It did not help that I was working on metal needles.  When finished, though, it makes a very dramatic statement.
Pumpkin finished his required eye and medical exams.  The eye exam was in a sketchy part of town.  I was so proud of him.  We had to wait forever.  When we got in the car, he said that this doctor practices for all the right reasons helping those that really need it.  He taught me a lesson.  Here he is filling out his medical exam paperwork.  It was the first time he went back w/o me.  I was a bit melancholy.  It was a harmless exam and he liked that doctor too.  Now, we wait...
Peanut was at home making dog treats.  He is the best.  We packaged them up and handed them out to friends and neighbors.  It is a simple little happy for the four-legged ones among us.  Buddy only got a couple as our distribution list has grown!
Wednesday night, a nice surprise came in the mail from my friend Beth.  We love the wreath and found a perfect spot for it.  I'm still working on a few things and am hoping to find lots of needle time this weekend!
Peanut is going to do some more baking.  We are hosting Christmas dinner here.  We all have to put our cleaning gloves on and whip this place in to shape.  I've got a couple gifts to buy and all the wrapping to do.  'Tis the season!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

{blush} thanks! I love the dog treat idea! I think I might do that next year. Your scarf turned out incredibly cute... she looks good in it!! I hope you get everything else done easily-- just turn up the Christmas music, or have E sing to you!! I'm cleaning today too (as soon as I get off of my computer!)