Friday, December 14, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas Two Tree

A few weeks ago, an idea hit me to create some sort of countdown to Christmas using $2 bills.

I was so happy that the bank had them available.  I got them and told myself to come up with something before December 13th.

When Peanut was little, we celebrated each December with the Lego Advent Calendar.  Recently, we haven't done too much.  As I was eating breakfast yesterday, it dawned on me that it was 12/13.  I had to come up with something.  Determined to use what I had on hand, this is what I came up with.  There are countdown numbers on the tree and each child gets $2 a day.

I built the tree over my lunch break.  When they came home from school, they were a bit curious.  They loved the $2 bills and were even happier when they realized they each got one.  The Big Guy thought I should have attached chores to each one.  Ha!  Ha!
This morning, Peanut got his $2 right away and safely tucked it away.  I know they will enjoy them.  More so, I hope they remember the message of Christmas when they spend their special bills.


1 comment:

Bethany said...

That is a great idea! Nathaniel was complaining because he wanted a Lego advent calendar this year. I can't win. He would love this idea though! We're doing the chocolate ones and boy is he wide awake each morning after that jolt of chocolate! I'm scared of what he'd be like with coffee!! ;)