Saturday, December 8, 2012

Romer Inspired

Growing up, the Romers lived down the street.  Mrs. Romer happened to be my piano teacher.  They had a bay window and artistic children.  Every year, they painted the window and we marveled at how special it was.  This year, the idea hit me to let Peanut paint our bay window.  We headed to the craft store and the hardware store for supplies.  It was a bit chilly.  Peanut has on a mismatch of clothes, clothes he felt could afford to get paint on them.

 Once he figured out his scene, he plotted it on graph paper to match the grid of the window panes.
There is no turning back now...

 I enjoy seeing him at work.  I could almost hear his brain.







The black lettering did not show up at night.  After they dried, they were painted over and stood out.

Here is the finished project.  It makes me smile.  I know Peanut was thrilled.  Not many kids get to paint their windows.  Every time I look at it, I can't help but sing, "Oh, Come all ye Faithful.."


He might have started something and I won't mind this tradition one bit.

-----------------------------------Just remind me of that when I am trying to clean the window.


1 comment:

Bethany said...

:D I love it! Especially with the greenery around it. It makes me start singing too! Were they the neighbors that had the great craft room- closets of supplies that she kept all kinds of odds and ends in? I don't know why I was in their house but that stuck with me, obviously, to this day. I probably was there to deliver oranges and grapefruits for Drill Team-- do you remember that? ;) I'm glad to see that A got some of his Mom's artistic talent!