Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Gift

I posted about the wonderful tshirt quilt my sister helped create for Pumpkin.  As a token of my appreciation, I knitted her a pair of socks.  She saw the first sock and actually tried it on.  I wanted to make sure they fit before I got both done.  I enjoyed knitting these and hope she loves wearing them.  I ordered super wash sock yarn from Gales Art in the owl color way.  Her description of the yarn, owl, is so fitting - "...the base of the color of these skeins is whitened a series of golden yellows.  On top of this, I have freckled it with a series of browns and rust to emulate the feathers and coloring of a barn owl."  When I look at the socks, I think of an owl perched rustling its feathers.
The FedEx delivery man dropped them off to my sister on Friday.  Her text declared that she has happy feet!  It will have to get a bit cooler for her to wear them regularly.  I do hope she wears them and does her best to try to wear them out!

I'm thinking socks might be on tap for Christmas!  Yep.  I am starting to think about that.  I have yarn that needs to be used up.  We'll see if I can rise to the challenge.


1 comment:

Bethany said...

They look so professional! You have become such an expert knitter!