Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Birthday, Pumpkin!

Nineteen today!  It is our first birthday celebrating apart - kind of bittersweet.  He called last night dragging out the conversation until after midnight.  We got to be the first to wish him Happy Birthday!
I sent him a box that he got on Friday.  He asked for Oatmeal cookies.   I used press n seal, individually wrapping 19 cookies.  They arrived perfectly.  I was surprised as it was so hot here.  As of last night, Pumpkin had eaten all but three of the cookies.  He said they were awesome.  We sent a Vandy baseball cap and a new Speedo brief.  When I was home, I asked my mom about her 19 favorite things.  I put together a card capturing her favorites.  I forgot to take a picture.  Pumpkin is supposed to send me one.

My pregnancy was very long with Pumpkin.  Every minute of bed rest was worth it.  I am so grateful to be his mom.  He's taught us so much and exposed us to so many new things.  Can't wait to see what the future holds.  Just want time to slow down a bit.  These past 19 years went way too fast!!


1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you got to talk to him. You reminded me that when I used to mail cookies when I was in college, I'd pop plain popcorn as cushioning! You two must be doing something right because you have great kids! I'm learning a lot through them also and even my own family has when I share your news! You just never know the kind of influence you'll have on the people you know! ;) Best wishes for a great 19th year E!!!!!!!!!