Tuesday, June 9, 2015

TN State Track & Field Championships 2015

Peanut and I headed to Murfreesboro a day early to watch the girls run.  Believe it or not, it was cold out.  I was so glad I put the fleece blankets in the car.  Cool to watch as spectators but perfect running weather.
 The next day, Pumpkin and the Big Guy showed up.  Weather was darn near perfect.
So nice to have us all together for a family photo.  Love!
 Peanut was a bit nervous before the race.
He ran a personal best in the mile taking 11th place in a time just over 4:32.  Fast!  There are only 16 runners who qualified.  He ran the two mile too a few hours later.  His legs just did not recover.  Not many runners run two events.  So, he was competing with boys that had fresh legs.  All in all, we are very proud that he qualified in two events.  The competition is pretty fierce.  There were only three state qualifiers from his school.  I know he was glad to be done with track.  After a two week break, he will start cross country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is FAST. I'm so impressed! I see scholarships in his future!!!

Bethany said...

Oops... that was me! I don't know why it posted as anonymous!!!