Sunday, December 9, 2007

Decorations in the House

This weekend was very productive! On Friday afternoon, I got the lights up outside. We had to modify the plan this year as our two baby white-lighted deer did not survive the time in the attic. Both deer lost a string or more of lights. There was no way to easily re-string the lights. After 7 years, they lived a good life when they came out under our two maple trees. I hope to take a picture of the outside soon:)

On Saturday, we got all the stuff down from the attic. It was great. We all took a job and forged ahead. Adam did not help too much. He went to a sleepover on Friday night and was still awake at 4:15am. Why do parents do that? That is the topic for another post!!!! The end decoration is beautiful. I love putting the ornaments with the boys' pictures on them up on the tree. It brings back wonderful memories. It is a great way to see how much they have grown over the years. I also got my dishes all switched around. When you have Christmas plates, you just have to make sure you use them! The boys love having the holiday placemats with the "snow" in the middle. It routinely snows after dinner right in the middle of the kitchen.


We had a Christmas party for my younger son's soccer team this afternoon. I am the social chair and got to plan all the games. A team member hosted the party at their house. They have the perfect set up for group of boys. We played a few relay games and then the boys had a present exchange. I was a bit nervous - not knowing how the boys or parents would judge my efforts. I got a few compliments and it seemed like the boys had a blast. I am going to re-use some of the ideas for our last PRE class next weekend. It is such a relief to have the party behind me.

After the party, the boys went on to Peanut's indoor soccer game. I got to go to my yarn store's open house. I am a relatively new knitter, but absolutely love it. I get a kick out of seeing what the yarn can to. It amazes me that one piece of yarn can be transformed into so many things. I bought some yarn - all on sale, of course. And, I bought two books. One is a unique way of knitting and another is for socks. They are both something I hope to accomplish in the New Year. It was such a treat to wander around the store and rack my brain creatively. I was able to make it home in time to heat up some left overs for dinner.

I feel at ease going into this week because I have NOT looked at the calendar yet! I just want to finish up the shopping, start the wrapping and keep on knitting...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I've had to look at the calendar, but tomorrow is my last day of teaching, so I am going to celebrate!! (and finish my Christmas shopping,...or begin really! aaaaackk!) You seem to have everything under control!