Sunday, December 2, 2007

Madrigal 2007

This weekend the Wolf River Singers held their annual Madrigal on Friday and Saturday nights. I am so glad to be a part of the group. This is my second year and my confidence level was much higher this year. Are the voice lessons paying off? I got to wear the costume my sister made me last year. It was one of the prettiest there. On Saturday, I found a necklace adding the perfect touch to entire costume. Unfortunately, there are not any close up pictures to show off the outfit.


My husband took some pictures on Saturday night. Need I say more? I love him dearly, but photography is not one of his strengths. Did we want to look at the back of heads? I am thankful some others took photos too.

The Madrigal is a wonderful way to start off the holiday season. We started the night off with Psallite, unigenito (Singt and klingt). The song was in latin and German. It was a wonderful way to kick off the night. I wanted to share the words and translation as we did not sing in English. We tackled the Latin and German well.

Latin text
German text

Psallite Psallite unigenito
Christo Dei Filio, Christo Dei Filio,
Redemptori Domino, puerulo, iacenti in praesepio.
Ein kleines Kindelein liegt in dem Krippelein;
Alle liebe Engelein dienen dem Kindelein, und singen ihm fein,
Psallite Psallite unigenito
Christo Dei Filio, Christo Dei Filio,
Redemptori Domino, puerulo, iacenti in praesepio.


English translation

Sing your psalms to Christ,
the begotten Son of God,
sing your psalms to the Redeemer.
To the Lord, the little Child
lying in a manger bed.
A small Child lies in the manger.
All the blessed angels fall before Him
and sing.
Sing your psalms to Christ,
the begotten Son of God,
sing your psalms to the Redeemer.

My favorite song was Ava Maria by Franz Beibl. I not sure it can get much prettier. The piece is arranged with a trio and the choir. It was gorgeous. We had some sleeping tunes and some fun tunes too. My husband's favorite was Ding-a-Ding-a-Ding by Greg Gilpin. The choir resembles hand bells - sort of. It is fast and fun.

As stated at the end of the concert, "..let music journey through your soul, To others hearts and make them whole. So may our love and songs this eve, Bless thy soul as we take our leave. You can't ask for much more!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Christmas Advent!!! You looked beautiful from what we can see!!! I was just showing your photo to the kids and explaining what you do. I thought of you while we went to Craig's mom's concert this weekend! What a wonderful way to start Advent... it just makes me so happy :)