Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Dinner

For my birthday, we ate at a restaurant in downtown Memphis called Flight. The Big Guy was online and noticed they had lots of availability. Consequently, he did not make reservations. When we got there, the place was pretty full. Our only option was for a table outside. It was in the 90's and I was a bit leary. But, they had fans and misters going. It turned out it was pleasant. I only felt the temperature once I finished off my flight of wine.

We got to hear the trolley go up and down the street.

The menu was fun. It was all flights and enabled us to try lots of different dishes. The only downside was the amount of the total bill. It was about what meals go for. But, we've been eating at home so much that it kind of skewed our perspective.

Some days I feel like I am younger than I am and some days I feel like I am older. All in all, it is pretty good. I came up with a small list of things to do during my 44th year. We'll see how far I get!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

The menu looks really, really good! Are the flights like tapas? We love eating that way!