Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Teenager!

He got his birthday present yesterday - a day early. He spent the night at a friend's on Friday. We picked up his phone and just could not wait until today to give it to him.

I haven't seen that big of a smile in a long time!

After he went to bed we went to work on a few surprises for him.


We got him a few other things too. Buddy loved supervising the opening of the presents.

We played musical beds this weekend. We moved Pumpkin's bed down to Peanut's room. We moved the guest bed into Pumpkin's room. And, we moved the twin trundle bed up to the guest room. Both boys love having bigger beds! I still have to work out the comforters, bed skirts, and sheets. But, we were able to make due with what we have right now.

We went to mass at noon. It is late for us but may become the summer routine. We all exercised and ate homemade french toast before heading to church. It was nice. Peanut planned the rest of the day. We headed to Uncle Lou's for lunch and the Nike store to check out the shoes.

I spent the late afternoon making the birthday dinner. I made Italian sausage lasagna, with salad and bread for dinner. All of us gave the meal a thumbs up!

The last request of the day was Chocolate Pie. The recipe is one from my MIL. Peanut loved it. Pumpkin liked it minus the meringue. I am sure they will be fighting over it tomorrow!

I can't believe my baby is 13! I made sure I hugged him and kissed him as much as I could today!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Tell him "Happy Birthday!!!" from us!!! I can't believe he's 13 already! Nathaniel turned 13 in March and I felt the same way. Now we both have all teens in the house! Your dinner looked so good and it sounded like a great day! We go to Mass at 11:00 am and we love it.