Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chicago Fire

Part of the reason we went to Chicago was to take in a Chicago Fire MLS game. They played the San Jose Earthquakes.

I did not pack too well as far as rain gear went. It was drizzling even when we went to sit in our seats. We weren't quite sure what we'd be in for. We took a walk around the stadium and the gift store. When we got back to our seats, the rain was history. It was such an enjoyable evening!

The only improvement would have been for the Fire to win. They tied at 2-2.

There is an over the top fan section. If you want to sing, cheer and chant, you go sit down there in the endzone.

Our seats were 10 rows up from the field. It was wonderful to watch the players and see their talent first-hand. I love that the clock is continuous and you don't have to put up with television time outs.

We are living in an inferno. It is hard to imagine that just last week, we had our coats on! See that awesome Fire baseball cap.

I don't think my cap is too flattering, but it was the best bet to protect from some of the rain.

We might try to see a game in Columbus when we are in Cincinnati later this summer.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

This is how much I don't know about professional soccer... I had to scroll down to see who they were! Soccer is so much fun to watch at that level! I'd like to see Philly's team!