Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Week's Farmers Market


Last Thursday, Peanut and I "ran" through the Farmer's Market before his ortho appointment.

We bought some cauliflower. I am not a fan of cauliflower, but thought the purple cauliflower was worth a shot. I just steamed it. The Big Guy and I enjoyed it. The fact that it was fresh had lots to do with it. The purple color is just plain funny!

We bought some broccoli. That was a hit. Again, the freshness can't be beat.

We bought some strawberries. They were delightful. They just about melted in our mouths and they were so juicy.

We bought some fresh eggs. We haven't had them yet. They just make me smile when I open the frig.

Can't wait to stop by Thursday morning. I hope they have zucchini, squash, and tomatoes!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I just picked up my CSA share and got lots of the same things as you! I also got garlic scape which I've never even heard of! And pick your own strawberries... they are lucky they made it home! ;)