Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Palmer House Hilton

For our trip to Chicago, we decided to take a chance and book our stay through Priceline. It all worked out in our favor. We got a room at the Palmer House Hilton. The Big Guy and I stayed there years ago before kids. My MIL stayed there too - even more years ago!!

It is historic and it is beautiful. Yes. It was cold LAST week. Who knew we'd be living in a furnace this week!

The pickin' was slim for pants for Peanut. He's outgrown everything and I did not want to buy pants just for a few days in Chicago. He appeased me and wore an old pair of soccer pants.

This was outside the elevator on our floor. We were up in the air on the 16th floor.

The center ceiling and light fixtures were not that high. The Big Guy only had an inch or two to spare. I am sure the hotel had to be retrofitted to meet code. As a result, the ceilings were lowered to hide all the pipes and electrical.

The beds were comfy, even though, the boys were fighting for their own space in the double bed!

We've got a few more hotel stays on the calendar this summer. I'm thinking Priceline may just be the way to go!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It looks really nice! That reminded me... we need to make some reservations!