Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Flying

What seems like many moons ago, I used to travel ALL the time.  I had spare toiletries packed waiting to go at any minute.  Well, times have changed.  The last time I was on a plane was October 2011 until a few weeks ago.  Pumpkin and I traveled to the USCGA for an overnight called the Academy Experience.  It was for prospective students that were already appointed.  His decision was made prior to the trip.  The main purpose for us to go was for me to see it.  I am so glad I got to visit.

I am impressed with his decision and grateful there are more folks out there willing to dedicate their lives to helping others.

I was a bit anxious to fly, but all the worries quickly abated.  The planes were full but the experience was wonderful.  I was impressed with how nice the Detroit airport is.  Yes.  We flew to CT via Detroit.  The Memphis airport opened a new parking garage recently.  I was so impressed with that.  I am glad the flying did not provoke lots of anxiety as we will be collecting some frequent flyer miles.  I'll be heading to CT every chance I can get!  But, before he goes we are traveling to State College for a niece's wedding.  And, we are heading out to Monterey, CA for a "final" family vacation.

Here I am getting ready to head to the airport in CT.  Love my Calvin Klein down jacket - light and warm.  The boys gave that to me for Christmas.  I got the bright yellow sweater in CT.  I have to work on the purse fashion.  I did not know it but I live with a purse policeman.  When I change it, Peanut asks me when/where I got that purse.  Gotta love it!


1 comment:

Bethany said...

Craig likes to call flying "riding buses in the sky"... it's not fun, but much more convenient than driving! Are you headed to our State College??? That isn't too far away from us! You won't have to bring your jacket anymore because we had 80 degree weather yesterday and had to turn on the air conditioner at night. (Winter directly into summer!). I am jealous of your vacation to CA. I've been dying to go out there lately. We're headed back up to Camden, ME at the end of June, which by then I will be ready for temperate weather and not heat.