Friday, April 19, 2013

Sebastian's Confirmation

Yes.  Peanut took the name Sebastian at his Confirmation.  Saint Sebastian is popular among athletes.  Pumpkin was his sponsor.  The boys had to line up in the basement.
Immaculate Conception cathedral is gorgeous.  There were about 90 confirmed.  We had to get there very early to get a seat.  The Big Guy and I snapped our picture.  Arm length pictures are not the most flattering.  I changed the pic to sepia as the background was not doing anything for us.

If you zoom in, you can see them waiting for Peanut's turn with the Bishop.  He is the one with a white shirt on.
 I bet he was kind of nervous at this point.
This got me.  Seeing Pumpkin's arm on Peanut's shoulder choked me up.  They are going to miss each other next year.
 From our vantage point, Peanut was smiling the entire time.


    
    
    
Bishop Steib is a wonderful man.  His homily was spot on.  He spoke about "putting your love on."  It was very apropo.  His enthusiasm is contagious.  The challenge is applying his message in everyday life.
Afterwards, the boys got there picture taken with him.  We will have the opportunity to order professional pictures too.  It was a wonderful evening.  Peanut is thrilled and more than thrilled to be done with PRE.

The icing on the cake was my mom's gift to Peanut.  She gave him my dad's prayer book.  It was a book given to my dad when he was seven and in Catholic school.  It is inscribed to him with a date of 1929.  In his own way, Peanut was very humbled.  



1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow... that last part almost made me cry! That's really special. Tell him "Congratulations!!!". I'm very familiar with Sebastian because my friend's son was named after St. Sebastian. It fits him! It's so great that you were able to catch it all in pictures.