Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Road to Independence

Pumpkin and the rest of the school choirs boarded charter buses for Orlando, FL this afternoon.  (They are driving through the night.  Ugh!)

At the same time, Peanut had an ortho appointment.  I called the orthodontist and asked to switch the time.  No can do.  Peanut is sooo close to getting the braces off.  We are visiting every two weeks and he could not miss this appointment.  (Much to Peanut's chagrin, he was told to come back in two more weeks.)

My only alternative was to have Pumpkin drive himself to the bus and park the car at school.  Pumpkin was fine with it.  I felt guilty, for a bit, that he had to put himself on the bus.  It all worked out.  He parked the car, put the keys under the mat, and left the car door open.  Fortunately, no one else drove away with our '96 wagon:-)

The Big Guy and I walked Buddy to the car.  He brought it home.  I walked the dog home.

And, Pumpkin's taken another step on the Road to Independence...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

He could've said hello to Jane down in Orlando! I hope he had fun! Do you not have two sets of car keys to that car? ;)