Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend Review

Friday afternoon Pumpkin got his wisdom teeth extracted.  Here is the before photo - -
When they brought me back, he looked like this - -
Surprisingly, there weren't any loopy stories to tell.  He was asking about his vitals carrying on a high level medical discussion.

Here is his gauzed, packed grin when we got in the car to drive home - -
I have to say he handled the whole thing very well.   He has a little swelling.  He is getting frustrated by only eating "liquid" things.  He's had his fair share of milk shakes and smoothies.  The timing worked and he was able to just kick back and heal this weekend.  He is planning on going to school in the morning.  He won't be 100%, but hoping for the best.

The Big Guy and I spent the weekend absorbing furniture from the VanDeren's.  Pumpkin made out in this deal.  I'm embarrassed to say that he is about ready to move out and, all those years, we never got him real furniture.  He has the best kind now, hand-me-around, real furniture.  His room looks great.  I'll try post some pictures.

We moved lots of stuff.  We went through the attic.  Our garage is loaded for a garage sale.  We are going to have one in two weeks.  I might list some stuff on Craigslist before that if I have the time.

We passed another milestone this weekend, twenty two years!  Happy Anniversary, My Sweetie!  Hard to believe!  I still pinch myself that I was lucky enough to find him.
The two of us rallied some energy and went out to dinner to celebrate.  It was a nice enjoyable evening.  We ate at Ronnie Grisanti's inside the Sheffield Mall.  We walked around and looked at all the treasures.  Yep.  That helped us to take the next step down the bathroom renovation path.  We might have found a dresser that we can turn into a vanity.  The wheels are spinning...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!! I wish you many, many more!!! I'm glad Pumpkin is feeling better. That's just no fun! Can't wait to hear about your reno project!