Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More Prom

Bear with me as I bombard this blog with more prom photos.  I got copies of some from a real camera.  I know I am biased but they look adorable!

I love the shadow from the trees and the flashes of sunlight in this one.
 Pumpkin holds his left hand just like his dad does.  Is it innate or a learned behavior?
 This is a log cabin on the Collierville town square.  It dates back to pre-civil war.


 This looks like a picture taken by a professional photographer.  I am so grateful to have these photos.
 Here is the entire group.  Again, I am partial, but I love the coral color.
 Here are the handsome boys.  Not all of them got the memo to do the fig leaf pose.
 Pumpkin flashing his stripes...
 Still pinching myself that they are mine!
They had a great time at prom with the exception of Pumpkin mis-placing his car keys.  His date's mom ended up getting them at 3am and bringing them home because he could not find his keys.  We are not sure why he did not call us, but that is history.  He was a bit embarrassed.  The keys are on a big 'ol USCGA lanyard.  It took about half a day, but they turned up at the house where after prom was.  He was very relieved.

Tonight is Senior Awards Night.  A commander from the Coast Guard will be there to present Pumpkin with his certificate.  I pray I can hold it all together.  We are looking forward to it, though.  And, still very excited for him.  I think he is 46 days away from Reporting In!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I wasn't going to say this before in case E reads your blog, but his girlfriend looks a little like someone (YOU!). I agree with you about her dress-- she looks gorgeous and I love the color! And I love his striped socks! I had to laugh at the whole key incident! Those keys have been a topic of conversation lately... will he give them up when he goes? I think it will be so extraordinary to see him receive his certificate tonight!! Can you even imagine what it will be like when you go t these things at the Academy?? AWESOME! I wish I could go and see him too!!!