Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Famous Artwork


This weekend we watched the movie, Who The #$&% is Jackson Pollock? It was a documentary that kept our attention about the art world. An ornery woman buys a painting at a thrift store learning later that it may be a Jackson Pollock. The story details the struggle to get the piece authenticated. It also provides insight into the powerful folks within the art network.

After the movie, my husband looked around our house and noticed we had our own little JP. Our son created this freedom of expression while spending a few days with his grandparents. It would have been fun to be a fly on the wall watching him splatter away with the paint. It is environmentally friendly too. The painting is on the backside of an unwanted poster and the paints were all leftovers from big jobs. Anyway, we matted it, framed it and hung it on the wall for all to see. It means more to me than any famous painting. I love hanging the boys' work up. They may not be accomplished artists, but they are gaining confidence and learning more about freedom of expression.

Good Luck to Teri Horton and her quest to convince those folks she has a valuable piece of art. I've got all I need right here from my boys!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Actually, his painting is really good! It holds your attention as you look around the canvas. Maybe he's the next Pollock!