Thursday, August 23, 2007

Spelling Tests


Today is spelling test number two for my younger son. It seems like the words have gotten longer and harder overnight. Where has the time gone? Fortunately, he is a wonderful speller. Or, maybe it is his memory. Once he sees the word, it seems like he has it down. I can call out the word and he can spell it out loud. He was excited yesterday when he won the Sparkle spelling game in his classroom.

My older son, he needed to write the word down to see it on paper before he knew if it was spelled correctly. It was always a challenge to practice spelling words in the car, on the fly, with him! We are sure they invented spell check for kids like him. He has moved beyond weekly spelling words. I am not sure why the curriculum does that.

Anyway, here's to s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g! I can only hope all the words in my blog are spelled correctly!

No comments: