Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CSA #3

Last Wednesday, 10/1, I picked up my third half share from the farmers. It has really made us eat more veggies. Here is last week's stash.
I jumped right in and made a mix of roasted veggies to go with pork chops. We are going to have the green beans tonight. We still have a few tomatoes left and a few of the various veggies. I think I am going to make minestrone to use it all up.

I used the green peppers in a yummy green pepper recipe. I think I found it years ago on a RoTel can. You have to scroll down the link to the Classic Green Pepper Recipe. The boys don't love green peppers, but they liked the stuffing.


I stumbled upon a recipe on Amy's blog, Bura Ellen, for a Vegetable Casserole. You make it in the crockpot using beans and polenta. It was out of this world. I am excited to eat the left overs for lunch today.

I can't believe it is time to pick up more tomorrow. What is still growing in the farmer's garden? I will let you know!!

BTW, Pumpkin is not enjoying this CSA experience at all. He only likes raw carrots. Peanut has been a real trooper trying everything. He even liked the veggie casserole.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Good for Peanut! He and Nathaniel would get along well! Caroline is my picky vegetable eater!! I was just wondering what I'd find on Friday at the market. I figured a lot of squash! I still have tomatoes on the plants but we just got our first frost yesterday!! Your stuffed peppers look delicious!! I'll have to print out that recipe too... sounds yummy!

Bethany said...

p.s. I like your new blog design!! ;)