Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!

Today is the Big Guy's Birthday!

We let him open his presents last night just in case he wanted to use his day to play with his presents.

I finished these and gave them to him. These are my first pair of socks. I can't believe how well the socks match - beginner's luck - I am sure!

He is an avid bike rider. I ordered this fabric and made up a book pillow for him. The Warren Buffet book should take him some time to read! I want to read it too.


For those of you out there that ride bikes or run, check out this site. The Road ID is a necessity for your safety. If you should fall or get hurt, your contact information is on your body. I got the Big Guy a new blue ankle ID with our new phone numbers on it. I added his favorite mantra, get your butt, get your butt out of bed, to the last line. This guy jumps out of bed. Pumpkin and I need lots of encouragement. Over the years, Big Guy came up with this line and uses it on us. It is quite apropo for him as he gets up 5 days a week at 5 am to ride his 20+ mile bike ride.

The last present was a set of Sky Chairs. Pumpkin and I saw them at the craft fair last weekend.

It was one of those out there kind of gifts. I wasn't sure what type of reaction we'd receive. Big Guy loved them. We tried them at the fair and they were really comfortable. We plan to use them outside. We'll see what we come up with. He is set with a book, pillow and a wonderful place to read.

The boys have fall break today and tomorrow. The Big Guy decided to take the days too. After all, it is his birthday! We are grabbing some pizza, his favorite food, for lunch. Then, we are heading to the movies. We are going to see The Express.

I hope the day is all it can be for my Big Guy! I pray his year is even better!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope your day was great and you're a lucky man to have a wife who is so thoughtful!!!
I can't believe you knit those socks on your first try Becky!!! You are a better knitter than I am now! Was the movie good?