Thursday, October 9, 2008

CSA #4 and More!

Here is what I picked up yesterday from the farmer.

Lots of the stash got chopped up to make Minestrone Soup from the River Cottage Family Cookbook. It made lots. The soup is rather plain, but can easily be jazzed up by adding a splash of Tabasco sauce to the bowl. It will be perfect for lunch. And, I put some in the freezer for a later date.

This weekend I drug Pumpkin with me to the Pink Palace Arts & Crafts Fair. This is an application only fair. I don't go every year, but have been enough to recognize some of the same vendors. I am one who normally just looks and doesn't buy. This year I splurged a bit. I bought one of these bread bowls. I loved the colors. The boys loved the beer bread I made last night. In my next life, I will set aside some time to learn how to throw clay as my affection for pottery keeps growing.

Lastly, the craftiness in me is really coming out. I bought some fat quarters from Anna Maria Horner. I saw this pattern on Schlosser Designs. Before I knew it, a pumpkin patch sprouted on my mantle. My blanket stitch needs improvemnt. But, I am happy with the simple fall additions.

Here's to the beauty of fall!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow... very cool pumpkins!!! I didn't think of using a favorite fabric to make holiday decorations out of... now you have me thinking!! I think you should find a community class on pottery to try! I've never even tried the wheel but always wanted to! Pottery is so much fun and a good stress reliever! Your bowl is really cool. I wish I had all handmade dishes and bowls! That bread does look good. Nothing beats handmade. And your soup... next thing you know, you'll be writing your own cookbook!!!

Unknown said...

OK Beck...those little pumpkins turned out darling. I love them. What a neat quick gift idea.
Now you have me thinking---- Job or crafting?
Keep the ideas flowing. I love looking at the things your making with those material pieces you got.