Thursday, October 23, 2008

CSA #6

I finally used the yellow squash and zucchini from last week's veggies. A friend recommended shredding the veggies. I got my food processor out and went to work. I shredded 1-2 zucchini and 3-4 yellow squash. I mixed in about 8 oz of shredded cheddar and a small amount of MJ shredded cheese that I had hanging around. I chopped an onion and sauted it. I crushed up about 3/4 of a sleeve of Ritz crackers - in the food processor. I whipped two eggs and mixed all the stuff together. I baked this for about an hour. The dish was really good. I wasn't able to get the boys to try it. But, the Big Guy and I enjoyed it. I am going to reheat it for lunch.

Here's what I got this week. I have never cooked swiss chard. But, I am going to do just that today. We'll see how it goes.

I've got my menu planned for the week including a side of roasted veggies. I can taste those tomatoes already!

I haven't spent all my time cooking. I am working on some more book pillows and I started knitting a new pair of socks. I have a few costume items to work on for Halloween. And, we are closer than we've been to buying a new car. It is exciting! I am starting to think about the holidays too! It will be here before we know it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

YUM! I would have shared that with you! That looks delicious!! I have started my Christmas shopping but Nathaniel already knows what both gifts are! I need to be a little more sneeky!!