Thursday, October 16, 2008

Early Voting & CSA #5


Here in Tennessee we get to vote early. The voting started yesterday. I had a few minutes today and swung by to cast my vote. The line was short and the process was smooth. I am so thankful we live in a democratic country. It is empowering to vote. Having said that, I am glad I am done. In my opinion the next 19 days can't go by fast enough. This has been a loooooooong process leading up to this election. I am ready to move on. I don't even live in a swing state. I am sure my family members are being bombarded. There are lots of great minds that need to focus on our country's issues and not on the campaign! I don't believe blogging and politics mix. All I am going to say is PLEASE GET OUT AND VOTE. Vote early or vote on election day. Your vote counts and we need them all!

On a much lighter subject, I picked up my next stash of veggies yesterday. Okra was in the mix. I need to find a good okra recipe. The other veggies may get roasted or added to soup if I can come up with a yummy recipe. The weather turned a bit cooler. So, soup may just hit the spot!

The boys had Fall Break on Monday and Tuesday. The Big Guy decided to take the days off too. He finally got the scooter serviced. Look at my eye candy. I got to stare at this - check out those legs - for the drive home. Gotta love the calorie-free candy!!

We went to see the movie, The Express. It was fabulous. It spoke volumes about where we've been in the civil rights arena. I pray we are past all that. It is inspirational. If you are having rainy weather like we are, you just might want to head to the movies. Take some tissues.

I've got list of projects to work on - not to mention the grocery shopping et al. This is a short week for us. The weekend will be here in the blink of an eye. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I've never used fresh okra but here's my favorite okra recipe -- Okra, Tomato, & Beef soup.

Ingredients:
stew meat
okra
canned, peeled tomatoes
water

First I brown the stew meat and season with salt and pepper. Then I add several cans of organic peeled tomatoes [remove the top of each can then use kitchen scissors to cut the tomatoes into small pieces]. Add the tomato and all of the juice. Cut the okra into 1-inch pieces. Add water to taste. Season with additional salt and pepper.

I made up the recipe so I don't have specific quantities. If you're comfortable cooking on the fly and tasting as you go along, you won't have any trouble with this soup.