Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Bike Ride Today

Got three miles in and realized I forgot my water bottle in the garage.
Turned around to pick it up and shed my long sleeve jacket.
Refrained from looking at my legs. I did not shave yesterday.
Enjoyed the cooler weather. Stay, please!!
Accepted the wind in my face going down hill.
Chatted with a motorcycle rider at a red light. I wonder if I rode farther.
Savored all the green that the recent buckets of rain produced.
Saw two armadillos on the side of the road. Road kill!!
Wondered whether the squirrels I saw had been in my attic (we think it is true. we'll find out more later today.)
Confronted a woman not scooping after her dog. Why don't people pick it up? It gives all dog owners a bad name.
Compiled a list in my head of the things I need to do today.
Smelled lots of honeysuckle which was much better than riding down wind of the garbage truck!

My legs are tired, my lungs are refreshed and my heart says thanks!

No comments: