Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Two Shower Sunday

We went on our family bike ride this morning. It is the second Sunday in a row! The boys were troopers as we woke them up kind of early to beat the heat. I am marveling at my riding skills. I unzipped by seat bag, pulled out the iphone, activated the camera, took a shot, and got it safely back in the pouch. I don't think my boys even knew I took a shot. They are power houses. They waited for me a couple times, but no one seemed to mind.

We came home and I made a big Sunday breakfast. My boys love that. They showered eating breakfast all squeaky clean. It did not last long. The Big Guy went out to trim a tree branch that keeps affecting our satellite reception. The boys were right behind. I don't know who thought of it, but they decided to ride their mountain bikes in the back yard. That morphed into a path all the way around the house. We have gates on both sides of the house - perfect!

Even in the yard, this guy has his head down giving it 100% to get up the slope in the yard.

Did I mention this boy started high school this week. I love to see him out there acting like a boy - still.

Of course, the puppy dog wanted to be right there in the middle of it all.

I was inside doing the dishes and preparing food for dinner. We are headed to mass this evening. It works best if dinner is ready when we get home. I made a fancy version of baked beans with meat in the crockpot. I also whipped together that yummy cornbread made with cottage cheese. I found it in the comments of this post. You really need to try it!

The boys took a second shower to be clean for mass. Can it get any better than that? You exercise and play so hard that you need to take two!

We need to take bets on who falls asleep first. I'll just cross my fingers they don't fall asleep during mass!

No comments: