Sunday, August 2, 2009

More Summer Reading

This last week, I finished reading two books. It seeems like if I am reading then I am not doing much knitting.

The first book I read was Journal For Jordan. At first glance, I knew this book would be sad. However, upon reading it, I realized what a gift the book was. Jordan's dad gave his life in Iraq to help ensure our freedom. The relationship between Dana and Charles is a real love story. The journal idea is a fabulous one. I know Jordan is too young to know how lucky he is to know so much about his dad. If you don't have time to read the book, check out Dana's blog.

I decided to lighten up the reading choosing Piece of Work by Laura Zigman. It was light-hearted. However, I don't know if I was hormonal or just the time of year. The book got me thinking about what if I returned to work. I've been a SAHM for 11 years. My professional skills are obsolete. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing. But, the new school year is starting and I think about what I need to learn this year. I need to sign up for the class, How to Handle a High School student. If there only was such a thing!

We were in Nashville the week before last for the long course swim championships. My sister and family were in town this past week. It was great to have summer visitors. Picture of there visit to come this week...

No comments: