Friday, August 28, 2009

Why did the armadillo cross the road?

I guess for the same reason the chicken did!

This morning on my longer bike ride an armadillo crossed the road about 10 feet in front of me. He was not close enough that I thought I was going to hit him. He was not far enough away for me to pull out me iphone. It was wild. We don't even live in Texas!! He had a cute little prance to him, but other than that there wasn't much cute about him. Armadillos have longish fur underneath the hard shell - very odd. The encounter with the armadillo made me smile. I was thankful I was on my two wheels as I may not have seen him if I was in the car. He made it safely to a grassy island in the road. I hope he made the rest of the way! I made it home safely on my bike ride. It was lovely:)

The Big Guy and Pumpkin are at the first high school football game. Peanut had soccer practice. I ran him home and took him to a friend's house. This is his third Friday night out of the house. Pumpkin may go to a dance at school after the game. I don't know about all this high school stuff!! The Big Guy and I will be drinking some caffeine to stay awake!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: