Thursday, August 6, 2009

Weeks of Activities

This post is filled with lots of photos from the past few weeks.

At times, I feel old realizing how big my boys are getting. Other times, I appreciate their age and all they can do. This summer we've taken quite a few bike rides. They can ride far and push me. I loved the scene this day peddling behind my two boys. I really wasn't that far behind! I slowed down to dig out my iphone and capture the shot.

Pumpkin was fortunate enough to compete in the Southeastern championships in late July. He had a great meet. This is what Peanut got to do waiting for his brother to swim. There is a group of them that get to play each other's games.

We are so excited that my niece and family moved close to Nashville. It was such a treat to visit with them while we were there for the swim meet. We all got to see Averie too!

I captured a tiny smile in this shot. She had been sick and the teething was getting the best of her! She is a cutie!

When we got back from Nashville, all the boy cousins from David's family were in town. They all had fun hanging out at their grandparent's house. The boys were shooting targets with a BB gun from the roof of the porch. They thought it was the best! Apparently, the mosquitoes were as bad on the roof. With all the rain we've had, those little bugs seem to rule.

We had more visitors! Early in the week, my sister and family stopped in for a few days. It was nice to have them visit during the summer as they normally come over New Year's. We had to take them to THE famous place for ribs. It was yummy!

We headed over to Beale street stopping in to an old five and dime, A. Schwab.

Then, we went to the Gibson guitar factory for a tour. The kids don't look too excited in this photo. But, the tour was very interesting. I had no idea how much manual labor goes into the production of one of the Gibson guitars.

The next day, we headed to The Incredible Pizza Company. They pretty much have it all! The boys had a blast. Peanut hit a jackpot - of sorts. He was thrilled!

The big brother pitched in to help him fold up the tickets.

As if that wasn't enough, we headed to the Redbirds for a double-header baseball game. It was wonderful! The Redbirds won and the weather was out of this world! My sister's visit was lots of fun!

Now, we are winding down. We've got the school supplies. We are trying to play every minute as school starts on Monday!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the pictures! 1 of Averie's top teeth finally broke through last weekend. I think she's working on the one next to it now! Hope to see you guys again real soon! I think Kevin & Chris would love to tour the guitar factory.