Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blossom Bookmark

I have a page-a-day calendar for knitting that my sister gave me. A few weeks ago, this bookmark pattern highlighted the day. I decided to give it a go. The yarn is just miscellaneous yarn from Hobby Lobby. I like the way the blossom turned out. I am thinking these bookmarks might make good teachers' gifts. They are made using fingerling weight yarn and may require too much time. I was surprised how long the icord took for me to do. I know the lighting is not the best, but you get the idea.

Now off to the land of ravelry to find a quick pattern for Pumpkin's swim team mate. She is signing to swim with Vanderbilt next week. How cool is that? Too bad they only have a girls' team:(

1 comment:

Bethany said...

NO... you're kidding... only a girls team??? What is he going to do?
I LOVE this blossom bookmark. Can I make a request for one? I suppose I should just knit one myself. I started my Bright Star sweater again.. with tiny yarn and a tiny hook. I have a million more little granny squares to crochet but it will be beautiful!
xo Beth