Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bread & Dermo

My first attempt at Artisan Bread in Five Minutes. I made the whole wheat version. I don't have a peel and ended up not having any corn meal. I think the bread should rise a bit more. I don't think the large mixing bowl I used is big enough. Next time, I'm flipping over my tupperware cake container to mix the dough in. Aside from its uniqueness, the bread tasted yummy!

On a different note, Pumpkin went to the dermotologist for a check up this week. He got to have a fancy exfoliation done to his face with liquid nitrogen. It is painless - just feels really cold. As soon as your brain realizes your face is cold, the sensation goes away.

It made him giggle!

What is up with that hair? He was on his way to swim practice. What mom would let her son out the door with an untamed mop? He tells me he is shaving it off on the first day of summer. I don't know about that either!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

OOOhh... that bread looks yummy! I wish I had bought the Artisian Bread book instead of the healthy one because they are all healthy anyways! I didn't use cornmeal either so mine stuck too. I need to get that out again. Crate & Barrel makes really big bowls that are great for letting the dough rise in the fridge.