Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

The boys had Friday off of school. The three of us headed to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised. They both tried some different stuff. It was a great option for our last Friday in Lent. Peanut ordered a spicy dish. He ate it even though it made his nose run! I can tell they are growing boys. All of the dishes were licked clean - just about.

On Saturday, the Volvo would not start. Peanut and I stopped at The Fresh Market to pick up a few things. When we came back out the car would not go. I called AAA and they towed the wagon home. We were very sad. We thought this was the end of the Volvo legacy. AAA came back out on Monday and towed it to the shop. The repair was less than $300! We are good to go. I will pick it up later today. There is still hope that Pumpkin will get to drive the Volvo - much to his chagrin.

Easter morning we went to Sunrise Mass and headed back home to find the baskets. Pumpkin had to assist Peanut in the discovery.

There was even a doggie egg for Buddy!

The day was absolutely beautiful. We alll went outside and did lots of yard work. The plants and trees are really coming alive.

Pumpkin got a season of 24 in his basket. After showers, we headed upstairs to watch it. There is lots of action, but we all enjoy the show. I am sorry to hear this is its last season. We just started watching last year and now it will be over. Bummer!

I cooked an Easter dinner. It was part lunch too and we never had lunch. Pumpkin loved the corn pudding, I loved the homemade New York style cheesecake (no pictures,) Peanut loved the yeast rolls, and the Big Guy loved the wine. He was so cute drinking up the wine. He ended the meal singing childhood songs he wrote. He does NOT sing and to think he wrote these corny songs. It was a priceless way to end Easter!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It sounds like a wonderful Easter! I didn't even cook... we went to my inlaws'. You should watch the earlier 24's ... they are really good. And I'm sure you know that Volvos don't die that young!! Tell E that I took my drivers license test in a station wagon... I can parallel park anything now!!! You took yours in your Dad's truck, didn't you? ;)