Saturday, March 19, 2011

4000 Friends

Ten days ago, I met 4,000 of my closest friends at the Convention Center. Driving there - I thought I was in NYC. The traffic was horrendous!

I finally got dinged for jury duty. We are one of the few areas in the country that let you pick the week you can serve. So, we all congregated in one big room. The jury commissioner briefed us. He seemed to go on and on. He finally announced what weeks were options. When you get a notice in the mail, you only get a slip of paper that says to show up.

They started calling weeks and most of the room stood up. The lines were on both sides of the room and snaked around each other. I did not get my first choice of weeks. But, I got the holiday week in April. I'm crossing my fingers that I get dismissed!

This morning we took the bikes to Shelby Farms and rode the Greenline. We stopped at Republic Coffee for breakfast. The boys and I did this last fall and wanted the Big Guy to come. The place was pretty crowded. The service wasn't as good as last time. The food was good, though. Pumpkin and Peanut got iced coffees!

We hopped back on our bikes and pedaled into the wind!! Why is the wind always in your face when you are on a bike? I have so much riding to do. I am so out of shape!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's so weird that I was just thinking that I've never been called up for jury duty... I think because I move way too much! I hope you can get out of it! Sounds like you had a great time biking... you need a visor or something! ;)