Monday, March 7, 2011

Boba Tea

The Big Guy and Peanut were in Birmingham this weekend for a soccer tournament. So, Pumpkin and I headed out on the town. On Friday night, we went to Noodles for dinner. It opened a few months ago and the word is out. The place was crowded. It is an Asian fusion-type place. The food was good. I wasn't too adventurous with my order, but will head back and try some other things.

We did splurge on a treat, the Boba Tea. You can get it with tapioca pearls or without. We went for it. Pumpkin ordered strawberry and I ordered spice chai. The spices were phenom. The pearls - I could live w/o those. They are just an odd chewy sort of thing. The strawberry tasted quite artifical reminding me of strawberry milk flavoring.

Pumpkin did not like the pearls either and attempted to suck around them. The straws were really wide to accommodate the pearls. You had to be careful sipping it as a pearl would come flying up.

It was fun to try something new. The portions were large and we took home the leftovers. The weather was a soggy mess on Saturday. The leftovers were perfect for lunch as we hunkered down inside out of the rain!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We have that "bubble tea" here at our local mall... I ordered it once and thought the same thing! We also have been under inches of rain, then snow last night! Talk about weird ground!!