Wednesday, March 9, 2011

That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo


Finished That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo last week.

When I picked it up, I did not know too much about it. From the cover, I expected a family/love/beach story. This book has all of those and much more. It made me think about happiness. What makes me happy? Who makes me happy? How rewarded I will be when I see that my boys are happy with their lives. There are a variety of subplots throughout the book. That kept me reading. And, this book appealed to the idealist in me.

I am going to read some of this other works. Russo interjects comedy in some good places lightening the book. I've heard his other books may have more comedy in them. It's worth a shot to check them out.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I am definitely adding this to my reading list! It sounds like my kind of book. You've become my source for novel reading material! Thanks :)