Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Southeastern SCY Swim Championship 2011

A few weekends ago, Pumpkin and I were in Nashville for the SEC Short Course 2011 Swim Championships. Pumpkin had a fabulous meet. I was a bit leary as he'd swam a few weeks before at the high school state meet. He cut time in every event. I was very impressed. He swims lots of yardage at these championships and the meet is a long one - from Thursday to Saturday. He trimmed 34 seconds in the 1000 and 27 seconds in the 1650, his last event swum on Sunday afternoon.

Over and above all of the swimming, this photo makes me proud. I don't know if he initiated and I don't know if the swimmer next to him beat him. But, we are seeing signs of maturity and good sportsmanship.

Look at his face!

Swimming the 200 breast~

Breathing to his left~

This was a posed shot after the 1000. Is this blackmail material or what? I don't have the nerve to post it on facebook. And, the funny thing is he can't recreate the face. I think there is some "dog tired" symbolism trying to pose with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

Short couse season is behind us. We are slowly but surely entering long course. He gets a full week off of practice next week. He/we won't know what to do with all the free time;)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Tell him to rest!!! That's fantastic. I'm thinking swimming scholarship is coming your way!