Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cloth Napkin Snobs

A few weeks ago, Pumpkin had a choir festival. He attended wearing the required tux. After singing, they went to Cici's for lunch.

Fast forward a few days later and we are riding in the car. He tells me that I need to dry clean his tux and tux shirt. He got pizza sauce on his shirt and pants. I started laughing and said that that did not surprise me (I should cut him more slack!) He said, "No! I used the napkins. They are just those flimsy paper napkins! They don't do anything."

It's official. I've converted my family to Cloth Napkin Snobs! We did away with paper napkins more than a year ago. Cloth napkins are the way to go.

Earlier in the winter I bought some very nice dish rags at William Sonoma. They make perfect napkins.

I am thinking these napkins will be perfect for Easter presents. They are simple with a twist. I love the manners on each napkin. It would generate some interesting table discussion!

The picture is from this site. I've got a message in hoping they are available in just a neutral linen color.

I may even try to make some napkins to give as Easter gifts:)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's funny! We only pull them out for special occasions but it would save a lot of trees.