Monday, August 15, 2011

Celery & Cucumber

Yesterday, was the first Sunday for PRE this school year. We drug ourselves out of bed, went to 8am mass, and Peanut headed on from there to PRE. We thought about going to breakfast without him. But, that would not be very nice or very fair. We decided to wait until he was done, pick him up and go out from there.

When we got home, I couldn't wait around w/o eating. So, I changed the plan deciding we'd eat at home.

I got busy and made a blueberry coffee cake using up all the fresh blueberries. You'd think I had planned it. The cake came out of the oven right when Peanut walked through the door.

I cooked up some remaining sausage patties. I know they aren't the best for you, but they are a hit with my boys.

I scrambled up eggs, shredded Swiss on top and added a bit of Salsa. I love my eggs with Salsa.

At the last minute, I decided to make smoothies to go with it. After a dig in the frig and freezer, I dumped in an orange, a frozen banana, the remaining frozen fruit, a four inch hunk of cucumber, about two stalks of celery, a handful of ice, and a few dollops of vanilla yogurt. My dependable, no-name, blender, did the trick again mixing it all into a yummy purple-ish concoction. I poured it in cups w/o revealing the ingredients. The Big Guy picked right up on the cucumber. Peanut took one sip and did not drink much more. Pumpkin took one sip and asked if there was celery in it. I could not believe it. I don't think that boy has ever eaten celery. How does he know what it tastes like? I fessed up, but Pumpkin did not seem to mind. He drank his and the rest of Peanut's. Peanut is a funny one. He'll eat all that stuff straight up but could not get past the idea of it all being mixed together.

Anyway...it was a yummy breakfast. We just think we might do it again this Sunday!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sounds really, really delicious!!! I should do that more often too.