Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unbroken


Photo grabbed form here.



I've started listening to audio books while I walk the puppy dog. I finished Unbroken this weekend. It is an amazing story. I don't usually gravitate toward war stories. But, this one is a story of heros. Hillenbrand must have done lots and lots of research to write this book. I marvel at the fact that the main character is still alive - in his mid-90's. It is a story of survival, war, strength of human spirit, and the power of religon. It was a page turner. I donned my headphones and found excuses just to listen to the book. It is moving and I find myself thinking about different parts of the story. The end, not included in the book, is even more inspiring. Mr. Zamperini, the lead character in the story, gave his purple heart to the author. Ms. Hillenbrand struggles from a fatigue disorder, a struggle harder than what he went through! Again, very moving!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Craig read this book and really liked it too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it!