Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Saturday of Summer

The boys wanted to go downtown for dinner on Saturday night. I wasn't complaining.

We decided to head to church down there before dinner. We went to St. Mary's. Wow! It is beautiful and old. I enjoyed gazing at all the decor. The pews were very uncomfortable. I guess that is a small sacrifice! The priest was wonderful and we enjoyed the mass.

A funny story from the homily - the priest had all of our attention centering his homily on seeing Christ in all people. All of a sudden, the priest stated that we have visitor. The folks in the pew close to him squealed and lifted their feet. The priest started stamping his foot. We all quickly realized it was one of those big nasty bugs! Fortunately, he got it. Then, he blessed it hoping Christ wasn't in the roach! The bug was gross, but I loved how the priest handled the whole thing bringing it back to his main message.

After mass, we headed to Trolley Stop Market for a casual dinner. The Big Guy and I had their yummy pizza. I may just have to make a tomato/basil one here at home. The boys enjoyed their meals too. I won't talk about Peanut catching his hand on his iced tea glass. Yes. He got to wear a bit of sweet tea on his shorts!

After dinner, we stopped at YoLo's in Midtown. It is the flagship shop and I've never been there. The expresso yogurt was yummy! As we made our trek East and towards home, we called my inlaws. We stopped there and chatted with them for a few hours. It was a nice evening. My FIL tends to tell stories from his life. We were all thrilled that the majority of the stories were new ones. I'm going to post about some of them soon.

Here's to the last day of summer! School starts bright and early tomorrow morning!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I hope that their first day today is great! Summer went by way too fast. Espresso yogurt sounds really good!