Friday, January 4, 2013

One More Time

My dad had a fetish with getting the snow off the driveway.  Atleast, I remember it that way.  We always seemed to be the first in the neighborhood to have all the white stuff off the driveway.  It was work as the garage is detached making the driveway long.

Last weekend, my boys had the opportunity to shovel the driveway.  I started but they pulled the shovel from my hands.  It involved shoveling labor with intermittent snow ball throwing.

I was a bit nervous to walk into the house.  Lots has changed.  Surprisingly, when I got inside all was good.  There are wonderful memories in that house.  I honestly feel that now is the time for others to create different memories at this residence.

The boys used their muscles and moved some things around getting it ready for a facelift of paint.
My sister entertained Pumpkin with stories.  The boys love to hear stories.  When this was my said sister's room, it was UT orange with a waterbed.  I am not even sure you can still buy a waterbed like the one she had.
 Mom sat and listened too.
I brought home a table that was my grandma's.  I got the mirror too that always hung above it.  I was so happy that it fit in our car.  Yes.  The car was loaded for the drive home.  But, the Big Guy did not mind.  Now, I have to find the perfect place for it in my house.

I think I'll get to go back even more times.  It will be different, but I am grateful for the chance to relive some childhood memories.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can still picture the kitchen and Cinder waiting to say hello! Lots of good memories in that house!