Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ziplining

Last Friday, we made the trek to Cincinnati.  We did not leave TN until mid-afternoon.  It was raining, raining, and raining.  We forged along as quickly as we could knowing we were heading into a winter storm warning in the Cincinnati area.  It got a bit challenging when we reached Louisville.  We took it slow and made it safely.

I was supposed to go to an art painting class on Saturday morning.  Due to the weather, it got cancelled.  My boys coerced me to join them ziplining.  I was a bit nervous as we strapped the harnesses on.  Once we got started, all was good.  The experience was amazing!  It did not hurt that the landscape was covered with a fresh coat of snow.

We went on the river route.  This picture was taken before we zipped over the Little Miami River.  I had my pj pants on under my sweats.  Again, I was not prepared, but we made due.  It was cold, but I wasn't any worse off than anyone else.


 If you look closely, you can see the line in the background that took us across the river.

The Big Guy is afraid of heights.  He got brave on this platform and leaned his heels off the back.  All is good as he is tethered to the tree.  Also, this is the last platform just about 10 feet off the ground.  We won't talk about Peanut leaning off a platform WAY up in the air.
Absolutely beautiful!  I was ecstatic that I did it.  It was wonderful.  There wasn't any of that free-fall, scary feeling.  It was just smooth sailing across the lines.  I'd do it again and encourage anyone that hasn't zipped to give it a try.
Even more pictures for your viewing pleasure...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You always find the coolest things to do in Cincinnati when you visit. I'm going to have to ask you for ideas the next time we go. I have a theory about heights-- tall people are already up there so they don't feel comfortable going any higher! Their center of gravity is already stretched out and challenged. (This is based on myself and Nathaniel-- we both don't like heights!). I love all the snow... though I was worried about you guys when I heard how much they got. It is beautiful!