Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sponsor Family

One advantage of being far away from the USCGA is that Pumpkin can have a sponsor family.  They are his home away from home.  He met them at a dinner on Thursday night.  They called us after dinner and sent us this picture.
This is the first picture I saw of Pumpkin in his "trop" uniform.  He looks great, but I am biased.  Apparently, they have an extra room ready for him and look forward to having him "home" in a few weeks.  It cracked me up.  Sponsor Mom told Pumpkin to eat his veggies.  He does not do veggies.  She quickly caught on that he likes bread.  I'm sure the kids were eating well as they could eat like normal and not have to square their meals.  The sponsor family's kids are grown and live in the state of Washington.  They have two bulldogs at the house.  Pumpkin will like that as we've heard a few times how much he misses Buddy.  Sponsor Dad works at the Academy teaching electrical engineering classes.

Very very grateful that folks would volunteer to take my son under their wing.

The last text I received that night from Sponsor Mom was her telling me she asked Pumpkin if there was anything he wanted to tell his mom and he said to tell me that he loved me.  Man!  He got me!  I sure do miss him, but am so very proud!

The Big Guy was quick to write him a letter the next morning teasing him about only loving his momma!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

He looks so grown up in his uniform! That's really great to have a "family" to help him adjust to being away from home. I'm sure Buddy misses him too!