Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Unexpected Road Trip

My mom is not in the best of health.  This year is her year to battle one thing after another.  Last week, she was admitted into the hospital for a few days.  We hopped into the car, Buddy and all, and drove to Cincinnati.  Peanut tried to give Buddy some extra room.  Buddy weaseled his way right onto his lap.  It did not last long as Buddy gets very heavy.
Surprisingly, mom has developed a liking to Popeye's chicken.  She loves the drumsticks.  So, we brought her dinner.  Don't we look lovely as we head in to visit.
She enjoyed visiting with us.  It was good to see her.  I continue to pray for her health.

She was released from the hospital, but has a long road to recovery.  I will be back in the middle of August.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you could be there... I'm sure it helped her feel better! I will keep her in my prayers!