Saturday, May 3, 2008

PRE Finale

Our PRE teaching career is coming to a close. We have decided to retire after just two years of teaching. Last year we taught second grade and this year we taught seventh grade. The older kids were funny. The boys sat on one side of the room and the girls sat on the other. The Big Guy and I had to study the curriculum. This cradle Catholic doesn't remember it all from her Catechism classes! It took time. No matter how organized I tried to be it seemed like we were always working on something Saturday night in preparation for Sunday morning. All in all, I hope the kids got something out of it:)

Each week of class, I took a picture of the kids. Some of the pics were individual and some were group shots. There was a theme for the lesson and the kids wrote about it on a 3 X 5 card. The pics and cards became their journals. They are finally finished. We had one camera malfunction and only forgot a few kids in the process. I put them all together yesterday and added a card to the front. It is just a small snapshot of their spiritual journal this year.

Tomorrow is it! We are doing a May Crowning celebration ending with donuts and juice. The class officially has one more week. Next weekend we are making a quick trip to Cincinnati to spend Mother's Day with my mom! So, we are done this weekend.


I had fun making the cards on the front. The paper "playing" can be addictive. I think that is why I have purposely stayed away from any scrapbooking!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

This is such a great idea!!! Those books are fantastic. I'm sure they will treasure them. I have to say that after one year of teaching, I'm already ready for a break! We ended up having sunshine yesterday for our last class and played kickball outside in it! I got lots of hugs good-bye, so it felt successful!