Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stopped by the Train

This morning we woke up to steady, heavy rain. It wasn't that windy - just lots of rain. By ten o'clock, it stopped and was clearing up. The sun poked its head out a few times. I putz-ed around the house a bit more and then made myself get my biking stuff on. I did!

I change up my routes when I go out. Who likes to see the same thing? The route I chose today was mostly uphill for the first half. It did not seem to matter. I felt like I was flying - that was until the train came along. My route took me across the tracks. The train was long. It gave me a short rest and the opportunity to drink some water. In the far right side of the picture you can see a car stopped and waiting too. There were a few cars stopped behind me.

I did not appreciate the railroad until we moved to this part of the country. We have one of the major railroad bridges over the Mississippi River. The trains continue to run east and west all the time. In my previous life as a product manager, I spent time tracking railcars of product. Occassionally, I glance up to see if any of the railcars going by contain polymer. I haven't seen any yet!

No comments: