Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Secrets Between US


Picture copied from Amazon.com

I have not read a book in quite some time. The other night, I picked up this book, Secrets Between Us, by Barbara Delinsky. I finished it this morning. It is a quick read that kept my attention. I like to predict what happens. I did not guess correctly with all the characters. This would be a great book club book. The discussion could be light-hearted or as deep as you want to make it.

The book makes you think about secrets. Most of all, it focuses on relationships.

I went to the library today and came home with a stack of books. What was I thinking? I guess I am getting ready for some summer reading. The boys are done with school in two days. What better way to enforce their summer reading, then to read myself?!

2 comments:

Cindy Diem said...

Hi Becky,

I figured I'd quit lurking on your blog. If you're looking for a good book for this summer, try Lisa See's "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan." It is set in 19th century rural China (foot-binding and all), but it deals with the relationship between two women from their girlhood and beyond. It's fascinating because, although the external lives of these women is so different from our own, there are aspects of their internal lives that are very familiar.

Bethany said...

I'm looking forward to reading more novels this summer! We tend to go to the library more because the kids aren't reading their school books. I picked up "Emma" the other day... it is really long! That's the first one on my summer reading list!