Monday, September 1, 2008

In the Blink of any Eye

In the blink of an eye...

He went to sleep a 12 year old

This is the only bed in the house Buddy jumps on. He only stays up there while we tuck Pumpkin in. He jumps right down and leaves the room with us.


and...he woke up a teenager! I used window paint to decorate his bathroom mirror. I couldn't stop there. I added it to some more mirrors and windows in the house. He was grateful for my artwork.

He got to open his presents first thing.

The long awaited for game - We won't see too much of him today as he plays away!

We caved and gave him a cell phone for his 13th birthday. It is actually a pink razr hand-me-down, but he did not seem to mind. We got some skins for him to cover up most of the pinkness!



This last surprise awaited him outside. That was a challenge to spray in the dark at 11pm. This morning we all walked the dog around the block to make sure he saw the grass. Gotta love construction marker spray paint!

I just can't believe how the time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital room crossing off the days on the calendar praying for the arrival of a healthy little boy!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh yes! I can relate! I can not bellieve it has been 13 YEARS!
Love you all,

Bethany said...

You are such a great mom!!! And I knew how sneaky you were... I'll never forget the one and only time I snuck out of the house with you to t.p. Jenny Guzi's house!! I'll have to remember this for Caroline in a couple years! He is so cute! I had to laugh about the phone. My kids would die to have a cell phone right now! I can't believe he's a teenager. Are we old??? I know Nathaniel has played that game at a friend's house and it looks like a fun game (and educational, or so I'm told!). Tell him the Hissongs wish him a Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!