Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Language

This is too cool. My friend Beth had it on her blog.

I was surprised that there wasn't more Dixie in my language make up. After all, we've lived here for more than eight years. It looks like my 10 years in the Northeast had more impact. Who knows what General American English is? Interesting!



Your Linguistic Profile:



65% General American English



15% Yankee



10% Dixie



5% Upper Midwestern



0% Midwestern



My linguistic phrase for this week is GO 'DORES! Yes. Those Vanderbilt Commodores are ranked number 19. It is the first time since 1994. We'll be watching them play Auburn on Saturday. ESPN Gameday is coming to Nashville for the first time ever! It is exciting. I may just have to scrounge up some tickets for the game! GO 'DORES!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I think it's funny that you don't have any Midwestern in your language!!!! General English is what they say newspeople sound like... no regional dialect.
I didn't know Vanderbilt played football! (ha ha ha)...just kidding. I can't talk with Univ. of Cincinnati! But this house cheers on the Buckeyes!